2.17.2011

February Mixtape

The upside to having a car is that you can listen to whatever you like, however loud you want ( guy looking at me outside, keep walking). Recently I've been annoyed with the music radio stations have been playing. I can only put my hands up in the air for "Dynamite" so many times, and Lady GaGa's "Born this Way" is almost never played on my way to class.  If only I had a snazzy jazzy car where I would just dock my iPod, but alas the aging CD saves my sanity. These are the songs I'm rocking out to this February. If you drive by and you see a girl clapping along and recreating "A Very Potter Musical" at the stop light, don't be afraid, I won't stupefy you! (maybe a jelly-legs jinx though, just for a kick)

1. Baby You're A Rich Man - The Beatles: I can't not listen to this song without thinking of the brilliance that is "The Social Network", mind you it's a catchy tune that makes you feel like you're serenading Jesse Eisenberg's Mark Zuckerberg.

2. The Glee/Darren Effect:  Take any song, let a bunch of adorable sexy men sing it with nice harmony arrangements and it's a hit, no matter how terrible the song may be. (Having Harry Freakin' Potter sing lead is also a plus. Good job Glee!)
  1. Silly Love Songs - The Dalton Warblers: The perfect Valentine's day song, and I'm not talking about the lyrics (ok, they lyrics are pretty adorbs) but really, it's like Darren is serenading you. Heck. YES.
  2. When I Get You Alone - The Dalton Warblers: Just watch the video. No seriously, DO IT.
  3. Bills Bills Bills - The Dalton Warblers: Oy, this sweet voiced man wants us to pay his bills. Consider it done Mr. Dapper sir.
  4. Thriller/Head Will Roll - Glee Cast: I was skeptical of this mashup when I saw the preview, but who would have thought the king of pop's anthem and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's single would totally make me grooving? Perfect workout song.
3. Born This Way - Lady GaGa: Don't be a drag, just be a queen.

4. Misery - Maroon 5: Bringing this one back from the dead. I'm not fond of Adam Levine, but goodness this tune makes me (whats the word?) shuffle? You know when you're feet start to do weird dance moves and you feel all boss. Yeah (Plus, there is nobody who can comfort me. Maybe because  I don't know what a shuffle is).

5. Broadway Baby: Did you really think I'd have no showtunes? PUH-LEASE
  1. Donna - Hair: Singing along with Will Swenson's voice and you know I'm re-creating the choreography.  
  2. Hare Krishna/Be-In - Hair: Never thought I'd love this song so much, but after seeing the show, I LOVED it! The choreography, the music, the catchy tune, the lights! 
  3. The Saddest Song - Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson: You have no idea how much I regret that I never got to see this show. Love it, love this song. It's so full of energy and you just fall in love with Ben Walker.
6. Harry Freakin' Potter - A Very Potter Sequel: I'm transported to Hogwarts, until I remember a bunch of UMich college students produced this... Then I'm transported to UMich. They're pretty much the same thing. Oh, and did I mention Darren Criss wrote the music & lyrics? What a boss.

7. No Way - A Very Potter Sequel: The song that started it all. (Well, my Darren Criss crush). You can't hear this song and not feel like a hero. And how hot does the fab Mr. Criss sound? Did I mention he wrote the music? Yeah. Break out your mad eyes, cause this song will have you jamming and rocking all. night. long.


No comments:

Post a Comment